You may be incurring a water damage such as a flood basement due to a broken pipe or sewage back up and do not know what to do. The following are some steps you can take to prevent further damage and get the area cleaned up correctly.
What to do:
- Damage from water and bacteria growth can begin within hours. Call ServiceMaster of Cherry Hill for immediate professional help. 856-751-1577.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached. DO not attempt to start removing your wall-to-wall carpet.
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place hanger on drapery rod.
- wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Do not remove books from shelves. Rather pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional can begin this specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closets and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
What not to do:
- Do not enter a room with standing water until the electricity has been turned off.
- Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet of flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
Our primary goal is to help to restore your peace of mind. We hope this information proves to be helpful or if you have any other questions please let us know at: email@example.com.